Hotel Louro*** is fully committed to receiving its customers with maximum security, guaranteeing their well-being, that of their teams and partners.
In this context, we have adopted all the measures recommended by the National Health Authority (DGS), World Health Organization (WHO) and Turismo de Portugal (Clean & Safe Seal), to ensure the best functioning of our services according to 3 essential principles:
- Safeguard the necessary social distance
- Ensure the existence of personal protective equipment
- Reinforce cleaning and disinfection measures
Note: this plan may change due to the evolution of the pandemic or new obligations imposed by law.
We have limited the hotel's occupancy rate;
We created the possibility to check in online;
We organized the service processes with available signage to keep the distance between the customer and the employee, whenever possible;
We reduced the maximum capacity in the breakfast room;
For breakfast, we replaced the buffet service with an à la carte service, with a shift system, and the guest must pre-book the time, with the tables and chairs cleaned between each use.
In the rooms, the tidying and cleaning operations are mandatorily carried out without the presence of the client, and in compliance with the rules of the General Directorate of Health;
The pool is temporarily closed, until adequate safety standards are available;
Personal protective equipment
- Our employees are equipped with all the necessary PPE's, according to the task to be carried out, the mask being always mandatory;
- We advise the measurement of temperature to all employees and customers;
- It is mandatory for all customers to use a protective mask, which are also available for purchase at the reception if necessary;
Cleaning and disinfection
- We provide customers with disinfectant gel for use in the different social areas of the hotel (reception, breakfast room, swimming pools, floors and toilets);
- All equipment (pens, payment terminals, etc.) are properly disinfected after each use;
- We intensified the cleaning and disinfection of surfaces, contact areas and shared equipment, using cleaning products with antiviral action (EN 14476);
- We maintain a strict cleaning and disinfection of all water, air conditioning and ventilation systems;
- We guarantee the occupancy of the room only after an extended period, never less than 24 hours, after the departure of a customer.
Because everyone's safety is our priority!
- We have an area to isolate people detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, with natural ventilation or mechanical ventilation, and with smooth and washable coverings, bathroom, stock of cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, used clothes collection bags, kit with water and some non-perishable foods;
- We will always have a collaborator responsible for triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection, to accompany the person with symptoms to the isolation space, provide the necessary assistance and contact the National Health Service;
- Following the suggestions of the DGS, we will proceed to decontaminate the isolation area whenever there are positive cases and to reinforce the cleaning and disinfection procedures whenever there are suspicious cases;
- The storage of waste produced by patients or suspected of infection in a plastic bag that, after being closed, will be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.
All employees received specific training on:
- Internal protocol related to the outbreak of COVID-19;
- How to comply with basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the outbreak of COVID-19, including hand hygiene procedures, respiratory etiquette and social conduct;
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever, check for cough or difficulty breathing;
- How to comply with the guidelines of the General Health Directorate for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes.
The collaboration of our guests will be essential to ensure your safety during your stay, so we recommend:
- The use of protective masks for circulation in social areas (mandatory);
- Hand hygiene using our alcohol gel dispensers for this purpose
- Maintaining a safety distance of 1.5 / 2 meters from other guests and employees whenever possible;
- Online check-in;
- The prior reservation of breakfast services;
- The reading of the contingency plan related to the outbreak of COVID-19 and compliance with basic precautions for the prevention and control of infection caused by the new coronavirus.
For more information, please read our Internal Protocol.