Effective date: April, 2018
This Privacy Statement is valid for www.hotelouro.com, which is owned and managed by Isilda Marques, being the entity responsible for the treatment: Hospedaria Louro de Louro e Marques Lda, Rua da Antiga Estrada Real, 2, 2510-042 ÓBIDOS, NIPC: 504196430
l. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and use information, which may include personal data that you provide on our website: www.hotelouro.com. It also describes the options you have about using your personal data and how you can access and update it.
The types of personal information we collect include:
- Your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number and address;
- Credit card details (card type, credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date and security code);
- Information about the guest's stay, including arrival and departure dates, special requests made, comments on service preferences (including room preferences, amenities or any other services used);
- The information you provide about your marketing preferences or through participating in questionnaires, contests or promotional offers;
You can always choose which personal data (if any) you would like to provide. By choosing not to provide certain data, you may have an impact on your transactions with us.
Data we collect automatically
Purpose of processing
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- A. Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and manage your online reservation.
- B. Customer service: We use your personal data to provide customer support.
- C: Guest comments: We may use your contact details to invite you by email to write a comment after your stay. In doing so, you can help other travelers choose the most suitable accommodation. If you submit a comment, it can be posted on our website.
- D. Marketing activities: we also use your data for activities related to marketing, as permitted by law. When we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, such as commercial newsletters and marketing communications about new products and services or other offers that we think may interest you, we include a link that you can use if you do not want us to send you messages in the future.
- E. Other communications: There may be other occasions when we contact you by email, by post, by phone or by text messages, depending on the contact details you share with us. There may be several reasons for doing so, namely:
- a. We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- b. If you have not finalized an online reservation, we may send you an email reminder to continue your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful for you, as it allows you to continue with a reservation without having to search the accommodation again or fill in all the details of the reservation.
- c. When you use our services, we can send you a questionnaire or invite you to comment on your experience with our website. We believe that this additional service is useful for you and for us, as we can improve our website based on your comments.
- F. Statistics, improvements and research: we use personal data to carry out investigations and analyzes. We may involve third parties to perform them on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of such studies, including to third parties, in an anonymous and aggregate manner. We use your personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to improve the user experience and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- G. Security, fraud detection and prevention: We use information, which may include personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal or unlawful activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including user authentication. For these purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities, as permitted by applicable law and outside consultants.
- H. Legal scope: In certain cases, we need to use the information provided, which may include personal data, to handle and resolve legal disputes or complaints, for legal investigations, or to execute agreements or to respond to legal requests from competent authorities , to the extent required by law.
If we use automated means to process personal data that has legal effects or that significantly affects you, we will implement appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
- Taking into account points A and B, we depend on the fulfillment of a contract: The use of your data may be necessary to execute the contract you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your data to fulfill our obligation to complete and manage that reservation in accordance with the contract we have with you.
- Taking CH points into account, we depend on your legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as offering you the most appropriate content on our website, email and newsletters, in order to improve and promote our products and services, and the content of our website. This is also done due to administrative reasons, legal purposes and fraud detection. When using personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we will always balance your rights and interests in protecting your information against our rights and interests.
- Regarding purpose H, we also depend, where applicable, on our obligation to comply with the law in force.
- Whenever necessary, under applicable law, we will obtain your consent before processing your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
If necessary, in accordance with applicable law, we will ask for your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us through any of the contacts listed at the end of this Privacy Statement.
- Booking.com: We have partnered with Booking.com B.V., based at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereinafter Booking.com) to offer you online booking services. Although we offer website content and book directly with us, reservations are processed by Booking.com. The information you provide on that website will also be shared with Booking.com and its affiliates. Such information may include personal data such as your name, your contact details, payment details, guests traveling with you and any preferences you have specified when making a reservation.
To learn more about the Booking.com business group, visit the About Booking.com page.
- BookingSuite: Your personal data can be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, Netherlands, the company that operates this website and the suite.booking.com website. BookingSuite will provide your information, which may include personal data, to Booking.com, for the purposes described above.
- External service providers: We use service providers to process your personal data exclusively on our behalf. This processing is done for the purposes included in this Privacy Statement, such as facilitating reservation payments, sending promotional material or for analytical support services. These service providers are required to comply with confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or for any other purpose.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement officials and other governmental authorities, in accordance with current legislation or if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or execution of criminal acts and fraud.
International Data Transfers
The transmission of personal data, as described in this Privacy Statement, may include international transfers of personal data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of European Union countries. Whenever required by European law, we will only transfer personal data to recipients who offer an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, we enter into contractual agreements to ensure that your personal data is still protected according to European standards. You can ask us to see a copy of these clauses using the contact details below.
BookingSuite follows reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of information, including personal data. We use appropriate corporate systems and procedures to protect and safeguard information, including personal data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions to access and use personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are allowed to access personal data in the course of their work.
We will retain your information, which may include personal data, as long as we deem it necessary to provide you with services, comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and, as necessary, allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data that we process about you, please contact us using the means mentioned below.
Your choices and rights
We want you to have control over how we use your personal data. You can do it in the following ways:
- You can request a copy of the personal data we have about you;
- you can inform us of any changes in your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any personal data we have about you;
- in some situations, you may ask us to delete, block or restrict the processing of personal data that we hold about you, or to challenge certain ways in which we use your personal data; and in some situations, you may also ask us to send the personal data you have provided to third parties.
Where we use your personal data with your consent, you have the right to revoke your permission at any time, subject to the law in force. In addition, wherever we process your personal data based on legitimate or public interests, you have the right to challenge the use of your personal data at any time, subject to applicable law.
Questions or Complaints
Changes to this notice
As our business changes constantly, this Privacy Statement may also change over time. If you would like to see changes to this Privacy Statement on a regular basis, we invite you to access this Privacy Statement to review the changes. If relevant changes are made or changes that have an impact on you (eg when we start processing data for purposes other than those described above), we will contact you before starting processing.